Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Got a cool sound system? Discuss all your Audio, Video, and other cool electronics here! Please limit the contents to aftermarket only. If you have questions that pertain to a certain model, post it in a model-specific section.

Rosen Nav issues 2010 Suburban

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2012, 8:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rosen Nav issues 2010 Suburban

First off thanks for having an amazing place to post stuff like this.

I am a new member of the Chevy family and pumped about it. My wife and I just purchased a 2010 Suburban that came equipped with a Rosen Navigation System. I believe the model # is DS-GM0710.

So far we hate it. Really sharp looking but the iPod interface is horrible and it will not allow us to stream music from our phones.

I have to be missing something.

Can anyone help me figure out how to make this thing user friendly? We have a sonata that pairs as soon as you sit in the car and plays music from either iPod or Phone over bluetooth with ease.

I have searched the internet and this website and I really haven't seen anyone else with this problem so I am hoping it is an easy fix?

Thanks in advance!
Old June 25th, 2012, 9:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rosen DS-GM0710

I have the same unit and I like it alot. You have to have a cable installed in order to use the ipod interface. Mine is connected to the back of the unit and the ipod dock connector is in my glove box. When I first got the unit in 2009 I had a 30gb ipod video that worked with the cable. That same cable did not work for video with my 6th gen 160gb classic (newer model) but did work for music, so I had to get that cable replaced with a newer one. I know have ability to use all current gen ipods and iphones. With music and video. Also a note on bluetooth. I have connected my iphone 4s to bluetooth in the vehicle and it works for phone and music but not video with the bluetooth connection.
It's pretty inexpensive to get the cable installed if you don't have it, or swapped if you have the old cable. I would recommend going to your nearest Rosen Dealer and letting them take a look at your unit. At the least they can show you how to connect your ipod via bluetooth like you have in your sonata.

Last edited by Ray Glover; June 25th, 2012 at 9:24 AM. Reason: Changed Ipod version information