Notices
Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

07 Avalanche Z71 4x4 3 problems

Old April 6th, 2013, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Default 07 Avalanche Z71 4x4 3 problems

I just traded in my 05 Avalanche on an 07 Avalanche Z71 4x4. I test drove this truck in the rain, and did not notice the following problems, and frankly dont know if the dealership rigged them not to do this or what.
1- The front bumper squeaks at low speed over small bumps. It is loud enough to be quite annoying. I have determined it to be the bumper just by pushing down on the front middle of it. It is not the shocks, as I have read that seems to be the problem with some of these. The bumper will also squeak periodically when a door is closed. Solutions?
2- The drivers front door sounds like it is not closed all the way, and makes a thumping noise when I hit bumps. I have pushed down on the door, pulled up, pushed it out and pulled it in while driving, and nothing seems to make it stop.
3- When I open any door, the CD player sounds like it is turning to change discs for about twenty seconds. Its not something I cant live with, but if anyone knows whats up, Id like to hear a fix on it.
Thanks!
Old June 18th, 2018, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by txcop224 View Post
I just traded in my 05 Avalanche on an 07 Avalanche Z71 4x4. I test drove this truck in the rain, and did not notice the following problems, and frankly dont know if the dealership rigged them not to do this or what.
1- The front bumper squeaks at low speed over small bumps. It is loud enough to be quite annoying. I have determined it to be the bumper just by pushing down on the front middle of it. It is not the shocks, as I have read that seems to be the problem with some of these. The bumper will also squeak periodically when a door is closed. Solutions?
2- The drivers front door sounds like it is not closed all the way, and makes a thumping noise when I hit bumps. I have pushed down on the door, pulled up, pushed it out and pulled it in while driving, and nothing seems to make it stop.
3- When I open any door, the CD player sounds like it is turning to change discs for about twenty seconds. Its not something I cant live with, but if anyone knows whats up, Id like to hear a fix on it.
Thanks!
Hi txcop224

This is Steve Grauel, I have a 76 Cadillac that was listed on eBay.

I can't seem to send any messages via eBay, it keeps telling me that "you have exceeded your daily limit"
even though I have yet to be able to send one email that day.

I had to cross ref your txcop224 to this site, I hope you don't mind.

We still have the Caddy, we MUST sell it by August 1st, as I'm leaving the country then.

We've dropped the price to sell it. To $2500,

The caddy is in Dallas, I can drive it to Cleburne if you're interested in buying it.

I have a clear title on it.

Please let me know at [email protected] or by text

Thanks
Steve Grauel
214-704-6696
Old June 23rd, 2018, 8:18 PM
CF Beginner

2008 Avalanche - sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. I was driving today and had to swerve to miss a huge pothole, hit the curb. I wasn't doing anymore than 20mph when I did. As soon as I looked down, my dash was flashing at me - "service 4WD..." , "stabilitrak off" , "service stabilitrak" , "ABS off" . Why would this happen when I lightly hit a curb? I've hit huge potholes going faster and shaken the truck hard with nothing like this happening. The truck was in mint condition up til this. I had an accident 15 months ago and had a long list of repairs including new frame and transmission. It had worked perfect since. Not sure what happened, hoping it's not some hugely expensive issue.
Old June 23rd, 2018, 11:07 PM
CF Monarch

probably damaged the wheel speed sensor or hub. If the steering wheel is off-centre the stability system will set rationality codes.
hitting a curb at 20mph is hard enough to damage wheels and suspension components. If the steering wheel is off-centre, something is bent. Hard a shop pull the abs codes, inspect the wheel, suspension and have the alignment checked.