Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

07 LTZ Avalanche problems with Traction Control and Stabilitrack.

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2011, 8:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation 07 LTZ Avalanche problems with Traction Control and Stabilitrack.

I have an 07 Avalanche with 120,000 km that gives me a display/chime that the Stabilitrack is off and Traction Control is off when I am braking hard. I have actually had to really lean hard on the brake pedal a couple times to get it stopped on the highway... not good! I have been noticing that this only occurs when the AVR shuts off the alternator and the Voltage gauge reads 12V. I put a new battery in it and it's better, but this still happens when the AVR decides to shut the alternator off.

Anyone have any ideas if the onboard computer can be programed to get around this low voltage and alarm condition.

Oh yes, my factory GPS/Navigation doesn't work properly (it get's lost). Also my Tow/Haul Mode button does not work at all since I bought the vehicle. These might be all related... not sure.
Old December 4th, 2011, 7:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2007 avalanche stabilitrac and traction control goes off, check engine light on, remote start won't work. I had this happen due to engine misfire causing check engine light to come on. I determined the check engine light came on due to emissions malfunction caused by the engine misfiring. I corrected the engine misfire by replacing spark plugs, and treated the fuel with CRC fuel treatment to clean emission sensors . I reset check engine light by disconnecting battery for a few minutes and then reconnected battery.
When I got the check engine light to stay off, the stabilitrac and traction control reset to normal as well as the remote start works now. Isn't this strange
Old June 8th, 2012, 10:14 AM
CF Beginner

I had the same problem, there is a chevy notice indicating that there is a flaw causing oil to leak into the #7 plug area (and I think one other plug), the fix is a replacement valve cover. I got this covered on the drivetrain warrenty, The notice just came out in May. I had already spent money trying to get this fixed prior to that. As soon as the engine starts misfiring all the stabilitrak stuff goes haywire and stops working.
Old April 19th, 2015, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Defective Avalanche!

I had a similar incident with my 07 Avalanche Lt, the service stabilitrac and also service traction control came up on my dash, not to mention one that said engine power reduced! It started riding very sluggish and kept me under 30mph I only have 80k miles on it and the fact that it's my only transportation really sucks! Makes me wish I had purchased a Ford! Any help???