Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

2002 computer climate control problems

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2019, 10:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 computer climate control problems

Ok, I need help.
So last fall, the gears on the actuator stripped for the different vents. It was stuck on the front vent. So I reached up under dash and changed it to the floor and defrost for the winter. I figured I would take it in this summer to get it fixed. Last week, took a trip, wife complained about her feet and legs freezing, even though I told her to wear pants, sock, and shoes, otherwise she would freeze. Guess what? She wore a skirt and sandles. So I reached up under dash and changed it. It would only go one way. Was only able to change it to defrost.
So took it into shop Friday. They said 2 hour fix. 3 days later, no fix. New actuator, new ambient sensor because they said code reader/programmer said it was reading bad and would not program. So they went to program it/re home it. It goes through all the vents just fine, then goes to defrost and stays. So they tried a climate control switch(another $230). Did the same thing. Got my truck back today, was not charged today(small town) but will be taking back in in a couple weeks when they have time since it took longer than it was supposed to. Anybody have this problem and/or know how to fix? They said there were no other codes and not sure why it isn't working.

Any and all help would be much appreciated.