Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Avalanche Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old July 1st, 2007, 3:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche Air Conditioning

Howdy All:

I am a 2006 Avalanche with a air conditioning problem. I kinda think it is wide spread. I bought a therometer for my dash vents. Driving in town It will go down to 40 degree out of the vents in town in stop and go traffic. When I get on the interstate it will only blow 50 degree air. This just has me puzzled. I have bought a couple of different pressure switches and nothing helps. I have manual dual control hvac it is not the automatic system. Is there a sensor somewhere that can be adjusted to get cooler air on the open road? Just puzzles me that most of the time you have problems it is when driving in stop and go traffic. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks
Mike
Old August 7th, 2007, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Avalanche Air Conditioning

Yeah, that is weird but I have an issue like this with my 2004 Suburban. It is dual auto ac and it sometimes really freaks out altogether.
If the engine is idling it will get kind of hot in my situation and even once one side of the car went hot and the other side was normal (cold).
I turned off the car, restarted it and it was back. Seems like either the actual ac control head or there might be a computer issue. The vortec chevy engine runs
cool at these times so it must be something electrical. If you find something let me know.