Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Choices Avalanche or Silverado???

Search this Thread

Old August 19th, 2015, 7:37 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choices Avalanche or Silverado???

Hi,

I am looking for some advice. I am in the market for a pickup and I have found two that I really like. One is an 2007 Avalanche LTZ gas engined with 160000 KM's on the clock, the other is a 2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab Duramax Diesel with Allison Transmission with 275000 KM's on the clock. Internally that are both very similar and incredibly clean hardly any sign of wear and all the gadgets and toys work, and I like toys.

My question everything being equal would you go for the diesel with the real high millage or the gas engine with just the high millage. For both trucks I have no service history as they are both repossessions.

I have spoken with several friends that drive diesels and they say they are good for at least double that millage and have better fuel economy than the gas engine. On the test drive both vehicles drove well good pickup great stopping, the diesel took a little extra time to spin up the turbo and then motored.

I want the truck to be my only vehicle so will be used around town, lots of freeway driving and a little bit of towing, but that is not reason I'm buying a truck, I'm tall, 6' 6" and with a few extra pounds and I like them, they fit me and... well thats about it really, I want a truck!!!!

I'd love to have your guidance and for either or neither and too continue looking.

Thanks for any guidance,

David