Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Digital Radio Receiver location

Search this Thread

Old March 15th, 2019, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital Radio Receiver location

I'm adding a BTS-GM1X Bluetooth Streaming Interface to my 2013 Avalanche XLT. To do so, I need to hook it into the Digital Radio Receiver. The instructions I received from Crutchfield and the images I was able to find from the Chevy service manual both indicate that the receiver should be directly behind the glove box. Unfortunately, it is not. I've fished around all inside the cavity behind the glove box, pulled off the head unit, the center console and a bunch of other random pieces of trim without finding anything that remotely resembles what Crutchfield, Crux and the Chevy Service Manual claim should be behind the glove box in plain view. Judging by the comments on some of the YouTube videos I've found, there are other people out there who have the same issue, but they've never gotten any responses to their queries

This is my glove box compartment. As you can see, there's nothing to the right side where the receiver is supposed to be.

Inside the glove box, looking up and towards the passenger side of the car

Inside the glove box, facing the passenger side of the car

Behind the head unit

Center console

What is SUPPOSED to be behind the glove box
. Does anyone with more experience than me know where I can find this?