Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 1:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Powertrain Guides
Print Wikipost

engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2016, 8:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thatguywill
'07 Suburban with that cursed AFM system, getting the same error messages.

Just started this morning. Rough idle, CEL, and "Service Stabilitrack" and "Service Traction Control". It's not saying anything about reduced engine power, but it doesn't feel quite as peppy as a 5.3 should.

I guess a trip to the dealership is in order. I'm going to have to rebuild the engine due to the AFM fiasco, so this is just icing on that particularly bitter cake. Especially since one dealership has already been into it to replace all the lifters.

Vehicle has about 188,000ish miles on it. I think. I have to beat the dashboard with my ice scraper to look up the mileage (and the aforementioned messages) since the display for all those is also out of service and will temporarily function once encouraged to do so with percussive maintenance.
Sadly my 08 Avalanche with under 80k miles did the same thing today.
Old June 4th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cole Holley
Sadly my 08 Avalanche with under 80k miles did the same thing today.
Hello Cole Holley,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your Avalanche. Please feel free to send us a private message if you would like any assistance locating or reaching out to a certified Chevrolet dealership near you. Our team is always glad to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 6th, 2016, 1:41 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hello thatguywill,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing vehicle concerns and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our team would be more than happy to act as an extra layer of assistance while you work with your dealership towards a resolution. If you would like to proceed, please send a private message with your full contact information, VIN, and the name of your preferred Chevrolet dealership. Feel free to include any questions that you may have in your response. Our team is always glad to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks for responding, I messaged you earlier. I'm not expecting much help, so don't worry about it.

The dealer reported back and said the plugs are completely fouled, which does not surprise me (going back to the AFM nightmare). They recommended either replacing this motor or overhauling it.

Given that I'm an engine builder by day, I may elect to do this procedure myself. I may even swap in an LQ4 while I'm at it
Old June 7th, 2016, 10:27 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by thatguywill
Thanks for responding, I messaged you earlier. I'm not expecting much help, so don't worry about it.

The dealer reported back and said the plugs are completely fouled, which does not surprise me (going back to the AFM nightmare). They recommended either replacing this motor or overhauling it.

Given that I'm an engine builder by day, I may elect to do this procedure myself. I may even swap in an LQ4 while I'm at it
Hi there thatguywill,

I'm sorry to hear about the fouled plugs in your Suburban. I apologize for the delay, however, we have responded to you in private messages as well.

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 12th, 2016, 3:59 PM
CF Beginner

Default throttle sensor

My throttle sensor is acting up. How can I get it fixed. Is this a recall issue?
Old June 13th, 2016, 7:57 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Dallizzi Welcome to the forum,
In order to find out if the issue is under warranty you will need to take into a dealership to have it diagnosed, if its covered they will take care of it, if it is not, you will be responsible for the diagnostics fee ~$80-$100.
Old June 13th, 2016, 10:14 PM
CF Beginner

Default Don't let the "stabilitrak" error throw you!

I've had this exact same condition on my last three Impalas. Two were under warranty and one was covered by a recent recall. When my 2015 did it last week, I finally figured out one thing all three had in common. After owning the Impalas a short period of time, I would switch to E85 because the price difference had developed into a large difference. Looking back, that's approximately when all three Impalas had the "Reduced power/stabilitrak" warning. Last week, I fillled completely up with Non-ethanol regular and the warnings disappeared and even the Check Engine light went out! I went on an 800 mile trip also and it said I was getting thirty nine miles per gallon which is almost 40 MPG ! ! ! So, after three Impalas, I think they don't like E85, so that stuff is on my $hit list!
Old June 15th, 2016, 1:36 PM
CF Veteran

e85 is junk, lower price at the pump but worse mileage and more maintenance
Old June 15th, 2016, 9:05 PM
CF Beginner

The price is currently about a buck a gallon less and I still get nearly 30 MPG and more power (it's higher octane). But if the engine acts up, I'm definitely not going to use it and after three Impalas and nine years, I'm not experimenting anymore.

Last edited by Bill Cenne; June 15th, 2016 at 9:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old June 18th, 2016, 10:45 AM
CF Veteran

higher octane doesn't mean more power but usually does translate to less MPG

Quick Reply: engine power is reduced, service stabilitrak and service traction control