Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

No Sound from radio/ no chime...Help!!

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2014, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Sound from radio/ no chime...Help!!

2007 Avalanche LT w/Bose
Got in truck this morning and radio is working fine but no volume/chime/signal...Fuse is good?....Could it be a problem with the amp?
is it located under the console?
any help is much appreciated
thanks !!!
Old December 10th, 2014, 10:20 AM
CF Beginner

I had some new speakers installed in my Silverado last Friday. All four of the factory speakers blew. While talking to the per installing them, I was asking him some questions about radio installation. He told me that the radio installation wasn't the problem. The problem - if you have/use ONSTAR and want to keep that capability, you have to purchase an upgraded wiring harness with those diodes, besides the radio. the same applied to phone/chime ringing - you have to purchase the more expensive harness w/diodes. It sounds like your chime equipment has maybe blown (???). I don't recall the exact lingo used for the equipment. I'm lucky to recall/remember the conversation pertaining to the chimes on my truck. But, I have given you the best I can recall. You should be able to call any auto radio installation place and get even better info. Hope I've helped just a little.
Old February 21st, 2015, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2004 Chevy Trailblazer no chime sound

I have no chime sound warnings when the drivers door is open, key in the ignition or gauge warnings can anyone help me find out how to repair this problem ?
Old February 24th, 2015, 6:37 PM
CF Beginner

I have simular problem currently with 08 Tahoe, I replaced amp as per dealer and did not fix a thing. Now they are telling me to replace the radio to the tune of $1,062.00 part number 25846421. I'm seeking more help also, but seems like there is nothing else to do.
Old February 24th, 2015, 11:45 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hube1
I have simular problem currently with 08 Tahoe, I replaced amp as per dealer and did not fix a thing. Now they are telling me to replace the radio to the tune of $1,062.00 part number 25846421. I'm seeking more help also, but seems like there is nothing else to do.
So you replaced the AMP with the radio working and no door chimes??

Now you want to replace the radio to get a door chime at the cost of $1000? Forget the door chimes. JFC
Old February 25th, 2015, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

No,door chimes was never my issue. My problem is getting audio from the radio. It stops working, for hours or days at a time, then suddenly comes back on. With it, the clicker sound from the turn signal also stops sounding.
Old February 26th, 2015, 1:44 AM
CF Beginner

Can you trace where the speaker connections go to; I wonder if the speaker wiring goes through some intermediate connectors (plug and socket) on its path from radio to the speakers themselves. Said connector(s) may have come adrift.
Old February 26th, 2015, 9:00 AM
CF Beginner

Default No Sound from Radio

Hummm, good thought on checking the speaker wiring, will do. I actually purchased a used radio off ebay last night and once it arrives will give that a try. When I get it installed i will have the wiring checked, but with a different radio if the problem goes away I wont know what fixed it, unless I find a glaring problem with speaker wiring.
Thanks much
Old February 26th, 2015, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

what are the rules when purchasing products in ebay? say the products you bought were defective? do they have a rebate or probably return policy and send you a new and working product?

I remember last january when my office mate bought her car audio equipment from an online auto parts warehouse in their office in New Jersey when she was on a vacation. by the way she lives in LA then when she got back home and found out that the product was defective... parts geek send her new products but oh men... the processes she had undergone was terrifying.

would ebay replace your defective product also?
Old October 7th, 2017, 8:19 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
So you replaced the AMP with the radio working and no door chimes??

Now you want to replace the radio to get a door chime at the cost of $1000? Forget the door chimes. JFC
check your C2 amplifier underneath your middle of your console Chevrolet has an open recall on it I have the same problem on my 2007 Chevy Tahoe check your local dealer for some help

Quick Reply: No Sound from radio/ no chime...Help!!