Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Power Window Problem - Back Seat

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2019, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Power Window Problem - Back Seat

The post is for a 2008 Chevy Avalanche. Both back seat power windows cannot be opened or closed from the back seat switches (both left and right side). The back seat windows can be opened or closed from the driver side switch panel. I have switched the lock out switch on the driver side panel on and off (the light on this switch goes on and off) which does not affect the back seat switch operation. It seems that the lock out is stuck in the locked position for anyone trying to open or close the power windows from the back seat. Any suggestion and/or diagrams of the system would be helpful.

Last edited by rratcliffe; March 3rd, 2019 at 5:07 PM.
Old March 4th, 2019, 12:40 AM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

what about the front passengers window?
Old March 4th, 2019, 10:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Passenger window OK. This is only the back seat power windows. They work from the driver side panel but seem to locked out from anybody using the switches from the back seats (both sides). Don't forget...the driver side lock out switch for the back seats has been turned off. Unless the switch never takes the back seats out of a locked position. I'm looking for some technical info so I can troubleshoot it.