Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Remote start issues.

Search this Thread

Old February 26th, 2020, 11:59 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start issues.

Hello, just joined and glad to be here.
I have a 2002 chevy avalanche 1500
I purchased a remote start and decided to install it myself and can't seem to start my vehicle successfully.
I have it installed and when I push remote start, the accessories come on, the starter engages and cranks over but only for a split second and cuts out. It's as I'm getting a signal to abort start. Now, I've been over the wiring over and over and everything seems fine- power straight from battery, ground is good, tach is checked and programmed, both ignition wires are wired up and good, starter wire is wired and good, factory disarm is wired and good, horn wired in and good. I don't have locks and lights hooked up yet because I believe they are different polarity and needs relay. Main wires seem to be good to go. I do have the passlock 2 anti-theft in this vehicle and I do have the bypass module. However, as I stated earlier it's loosing crank and the passlock 2 disables the fuel injectors and it's not even getting that far. I have a feeling it might be something to do with the security system, (stock) but the factory disarm should be taking care of that, right? There is a door trigger wire on this truck but my remote start don't say anything about that, so should that be wired in to the remote start module some how? Because the door trigger wire is in the security plug? I do want to mention this is the second remote starter I've tried and both do the same thing. I'm out of ideas and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.