Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Service Stablitrac & Traction control

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2009, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Service Stablitrac & Traction control

Hey guys, i am a recent new owner or my first Avalanche! LOVE IT.
I have a 2008 Avalanche LT2 with the 4:10 gear ratio in the rear. anyways the other morning on my way to work the Check Engine light came on, with no messages. After work on my way home with the check engine light still on, the truck ding donged and said on the dash : "Traction control off" , "Stablilitrac off" , "Service traction control", "Service Stablilitrac". then on its own it reactivated it self. It has been doing this for almost 3 days with the messages and check engine light periodically and randomly on and off. Now today i noticed stopped at a red light on a hill, the truck was not strong, and kind of sloppy or jumpy on acceleration. Any ideas? anyone else have this problem!? Truck only has 13,000 miles on it!!!!!
Old January 16th, 2009, 9:46 PM
CF Active Member

Any aftermarket module installed? I have some stuff connected to data cause these issues.
Old January 17th, 2009, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Just noticed today as well that the remote start (factory) does not work, only the relays click and it just sits there, and the active fuel management system (stepping motor - 4cyl & 8 cyl mode) do not work. Stays in 8cyl mode all the time even with the foot off of the gas. Only things that are aftermarket are the REAR plasma fire and ice bar (connects to trailor harness) and HID xenon high and low beam headlight kits. Check engine light on stay solid.
Old January 18th, 2009, 6:37 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Remote start doens't work because the check engine light is on.
Have the codes scanned to get a starting point
Old January 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM
CF Beginner

well she is going in today for a first look. Does the dealership need to provide you with a loaner when yours is being serviced?https://chevroletforum.com/forum/ima...s/confused.gif
Old January 20th, 2009, 8:53 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

If its under warranty and the dealer has a loaner available then they usually let you use it. Otherwise they usually have rentals for you
Old August 28th, 2009, 6:54 AM
CF Beginner

Hi just wondering how you made out with that. and what they said the problem was.
Old January 17th, 2010, 6:52 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy sry for late response, but its happening again

Okay well to sum everything up. My truck i bought brand new. All my issues stemmed from a cracked spark-plug in cylendar 1... Truck has 12,000 miles on it at this point. 12,000 or so miles later same thing happens.. Bring it back to service. Same thing cracked spark plug in cylendar 1. They dont know why its doing it, checked all part codes, and service bullitins. Replaced plug.

Now its 5000 miles or so later, and now peridiocally the trucks check engine light flashes constantly, and the display reading "service traction control" , "traction control off" , "service stabilitrac", "service stabilitrac off" ... Then it clears out and happens again... then clears out. also noticed that there is a "hum" not a vibration a "hum" in the mic or speaker above the drivers head for onstar....

Also noticed its must my burning oil too..... have to add a quart every 3000 or so.. (runnin sysentic)

I think i might have a lemon.... truck has 36000 miles on it! What should i do?
Old January 25th, 2010, 10:03 PM
CF Beginner

i had the same issue with my 07 avalanche....i had a cracked spark plug and replaced all the plugs and now I dont have the issue
Old January 26th, 2010, 10:37 AM
CF Beginner

well truck is still in the garage going on day 6. They need to replace the entire motor. Block is damaged, and the valves are destroyed over cyl 1.

Quick Reply: Service Stablitrac & Traction control