Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Service Stablitrac & Traction control

Search this Thread

Old March 25th, 2014, 9:23 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi mrculp,

I am sorry to hear of this concern, and we want to ensure you feel safe in your vehicle! We do monitor this forum and apologize for the misinformation you have received. My colleague has responded to your private message, and we look forward to your response.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by mrculp
I have been researching this forum and have seen numerous messages about Stabilitrak enabling and disabling intermittently, I am having the "exact same issue" I took it to the dealer after narrowly avoiding a major accident. The day I picked it up, it came on again 5 miles from taking it home from dealership, now they say both the EBCM and ECM both went bad at the same time and are now needing to be replaced. I have a Chevy Avalanche 2007 w/just over 36,000 miles on it.

The question I have is, why isn't Chevy helping to resolve these Stabilitrak issues? I called Chevy Customer Service 800-222-1020 they said there are no representatives on the forums that represent Chevy, furthermore I explained that I am fearful that my truck may decide to have Stabilitrak issues and I may not be so lucky the next time to avoid an accident. but they would contact the dealership. Umm not sure what that will do, seems Chevy has a Stabilitrak far bigger than the dealership.

Can someone from Chevy help ????? Please....