Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

3.8l 2000 chevy camaro manual transmission

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2020, 6:05 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3.8l 2000 chevy camaro manual transmission multiple problems.

hey been rebuilding this car for a while now starting to come together. But can't stop the spark plug wires from melting to the exahust manifold. An oil oressure staying bottomed out. I can hear the tap of no oil getting moved around. Also plug wires for cylinder 1 an 3 will not stay seated. Any help is appreciated thank you in advance.

Last edited by Kodi Rumble; May 3rd, 2020 at 6:12 PM. Reason: Better title description
Old May 3rd, 2020, 6:19 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Kodi Rumble
hey been rebuilding this car for a while now starting to come together. But can't stop the spark plug wires from melting to the exahust manifold. An oil oressure staying bottomed out. I can hear the tap of no oil getting moved around. Also plug wires for cylinder 1 an 3 will not stay seated. Any help is appreciated thank you in advance.
Just off the top of my head based on your post, and not knowing more in depth information, you can get stand off for the plug wires that screw to the valve covers. As far as the (I assume) plug wire boots not staying on, hit the inside of the plug boot with some WD-40, that will let the boot slide on.
Old May 7th, 2020, 8:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevinkpk
Just off the top of my head based on your post, and not knowing more in depth information, you can get stand off for the plug wires that screw to the valve covers. As far as the (I assume) plug wire boots not staying on, hit the inside of the plug boot with some WD-40, that will let the boot slide on.
Thank you I'll try it Saturday where can I get the stand offs at?