Notices
Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

BBC help

Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC help

Hi everyone I'm Freddie new to the forum I've been searching all over the web trying to see if what I have will work in my 79 Camaro I have a gen v block casting numbers 10114182 I also have a set of closed chamber heads casting numbers 3964290 I've seen where I would need special head gaskets to make this work then I've seen post saying this won't work at all just looking for a straight answer and what would need to be done to get this to work if it's possible
Old January 4th, 2019, 1:20 AM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by Freddie Finley View Post
Hi everyone I'm Freddie new to the forum I've been searching all over the web trying to see if what I have will work in my 79 Camaro I have a gen v block casting numbers 10114182 I also have a set of closed chamber heads casting numbers 3964290 I've seen where I would need special head gaskets to make this work then I've seen post saying this won't work at all just looking for a straight answer and what would need to be done to get this to work if it's possible
I'd take a look at the fel-pro website for the proper gaskets.Cant say for sure what will work since the 79 had open chambered, low-compression heads.
Old January 13th, 2019, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry View Post
I'd take a look at the fel-pro website for the proper gaskets.Cant say for sure what will work since the 79 had open chambered, low-compression heads.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: