Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

BBC help

Old January 3rd, 2019, 10:05 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BBC help

Hi everyone I'm Freddie new to the forum I've been searching all over the web trying to see if what I have will work in my 79 Camaro I have a gen v block casting numbers 10114182 I also have a set of closed chamber heads casting numbers 3964290 I've seen where I would need special head gaskets to make this work then I've seen post saying this won't work at all just looking for a straight answer and what would need to be done to get this to work if it's possible
Old January 4th, 2019, 1:20 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Freddie Finley
Hi everyone I'm Freddie new to the forum I've been searching all over the web trying to see if what I have will work in my 79 Camaro I have a gen v block casting numbers 10114182 I also have a set of closed chamber heads casting numbers 3964290 I've seen where I would need special head gaskets to make this work then I've seen post saying this won't work at all just looking for a straight answer and what would need to be done to get this to work if it's possible
I'd take a look at the fel-pro website for the proper gaskets.Cant say for sure what will work since the 79 had open chambered, low-compression heads.
Old January 13th, 2019, 5:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
I'd take a look at the fel-pro website for the proper gaskets.Cant say for sure what will work since the 79 had open chambered, low-compression heads.
Thanks

Search this Thread