Camero convertible top - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Camero convertible top

CF Beginner

March 12th, 2017, 9:25 AM   #1  
Camero convertible top

Anyone having trouble with a hole starting to form on the drivers side of the cloth top? When I bought it new, there was a recall for the problem. Dealer sent it off to have a new top put on. Same problem occurred. Now the treat me like they never met me. What can I do? Anyone else see this defect?

CF Active Member

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

March 12th, 2017, 3:29 PM   #2  
Try one (or more) dealers, or maybe a place that does upholstery has a solution (?)

CF Beginner

March 12th, 2017, 6:12 PM   #3  
thanks. I'll check around. It's not leaking, but it will.

CF Pro Member

Marysville, WA

March 12th, 2017, 6:37 PM   #4  
What year, still under warranty? Seems if it was a recall and again a problem, should be able to get some help.

Administrator

KC, MO area

March 13th, 2017, 10:41 AM   #5  
boxguy: Welcome to the forum.

Escalate it to the Zone rep if they still have them.

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

March 21st, 2017, 6:23 PM   #6  
Posted By: boxguy Anyone having trouble with a hole starting to form on the drivers side of the cloth top? When I bought it new, there was a recall for the problem. Dealer sent it off to have a new top put on. Same problem occurred. Now the treat me like they never met me. What can I do? Anyone else see this defect?
Hello boxguy,

It's been some time since you posted on the thread. I'm very sorry to hear you're having difficulty with your convertible top. If you're still in need of assistance, please send us a direct message expanding on where everything stands. We would be more than happy to do what we can to help get this addressed.

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care

CF Beginner

March 21st, 2017, 8:35 PM   #7  
Wow, I don't know. I gave up trying to get it taken are of at the dealer. I just saw this forum and thought I would try talking to other people about it. It's a 2011 and figured I was just out of luck. Maybe let me know what next step I can take.

CF Beginner

April 10th, 2017, 8:39 AM   #8  
I have the same question.

Administrator

KC, MO area

April 10th, 2017, 2:10 PM   #9  
boxguy: send Jasmine a private message. Just click on her name in the upper left corner of her post and the drop down menu has a pick for a PM.

CF Beginner

April 10th, 2017, 9:20 PM   #10  
Posted By: SyuzVR I have the same question.
It doesn't look good for many owners of 2011 Camero convertible's. I was just informed that even though it was recalled for these stress points and a hole is forming, it's our
problem now because it's out of warranty. Apparently they just put a new cloth part on and didn't consider the underlying problem.
Bummer $36,000.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: