Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

car accelerating on it own?

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2010, 11:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car accelerating on it own?

well first of all its a 1994 z28 with the Lt1 and auto. aside from the other problems its having now my car seems to be accelerating on its own and the throttle is sticking. once on the street it even got stuck at high rpms and they wouldnt drop so i had to stop in the road and when i put it in park the car redlined like i was flooring til i turned it off. could someone tell me what might be wrong with my car please??
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh no! toyota syndrom lol..check your floor mats and stuff around the peddel.. on my 89 trans am.. i removed the big plastic piece under the steering wheel that goes down to the peddel becuase it was making the throttle stick.. get on your knees and press the gas with your hand a bunch of times.... see if its hitting anything.....
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:47 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by gotstylez
oh no! toyota syndrom lol..check your floor mats and stuff around the peddel.. on my 89 trans am.. i removed the big plastic piece under the steering wheel that goes down to the peddel becuase it was making the throttle stick.. get on your knees and press the gas with your hand a bunch of times.... see if its hitting anything.....
lol toyota syndrome. ill check it out tomorrow but i honestly dont think thats it. i had that happen on my old monte carlo when i was i high school really pissed the administration off cause my car was loud as hell lol so i ripped all the carpet out of the front.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:48 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check all the linkage to. My 89' Silvy's throttle got stuck once. can't remember exactly what, but something got caught between the throttle body and the linkage... After I jumped the railroad tracks and got 4ft of air.... To be 16 again... wow.
Old March 13th, 2010, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by nauticstar87
Check all the linkage to. My 89' Silvy's throttle got stuck once. can't remember exactly what, but something got caught between the throttle body and the linkage... After I jumped the railroad tracks and got 4ft of air.... To be 16 again... wow.
well i just lubricated all the linkage and the spring and it doesnt seem to be doing it anymore, but i have driven it too far.