Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

grinding noise when i brake

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy grinding noise when i brake

hello,

i am new here to this forum, but i really need some help. i have a beautiful 1992 camaro, and ive never really had many problems with it at all, until now. lately when i brake, my back end makes a real nasty grinding noise. i will be really upset if its my brakes, since they are barely 6 months old and i dont do very much hard braking. the wierd part about it is, it doesnt happen all the time. today is the first time its done it since monday, and i have no idea what could be the thing that ticks it off and makes it grind. no one around me seems to know what it is, and it seems that when i go to try and show someone, it fixes itself and doesnt do it again for a few days. im starting to get kindof nervous, since i have no idea what it is, and not a whole lot of money to throw into it. it sounds like metal grinding on metal, but like i said, my brakes are almost new. any ideas?
Old November 1st, 2012, 4:20 PM
CF Monarch

Received 337 Likes on 318 Posts

Even though the brakes are new, it still could be them. Someone will have to remove the rear wheels to inspect the brakes and surrounding parts.
Old February 2nd, 2014, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try applying thin layer of dampening paste on the pads. See the procedures in applying