Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

need a hand with getting spark plugs out

Old October 28th, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need a hand with getting spark plugs out

hi everyone just picked up my 2nd camaro a 99 v6 coupe with t tops engine has 80k miles.the motor is a mess(got it free cant complain).here is what ive discovered so far .after removing the air intake the bottom chamber had gas in it.the the throttle body once removed had a little anti freeze sitting in the manifold side of the tb.now i want to remove the plugs to do a compression test but it seems too me the engineers decided to hide the plugs under the manifold .only leaving the front plug exposed.can anyone provide me with any tips or tricks on plugs removal ? alsoany ideas on what it could be .i know it could be blown head gaskets.and a possible slew of other things .also on an attempt to crank it all that happened was just the clicking and nothing from the engine.there is no more fluid in the radiator ,or at least nothing visable.checked the motor oil and it seems to be a light tan color an indication of anti freeze in the oil.ive seen that the ls1 engines are removed from underneath,does the same hold true for the v6 engines ? im at a lose im thinking i may need to swap engines .im hoping its something stupidlike a blown gasket and nothing more.id like to get the plugs out but like ive said i think the engineers played hide the plugs on me.
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need a hand with getting spark plugs out

you can get to everything from underneith the car it is a pain in the rear but that is how it is done.