Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Caprice shakes

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2007, 5:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caprice shakes

I have a 94 Caprice Classic with a LT1 engine in it. I have a ? for anyone who can help on it, my car shakes when it drives for a long time and the check engine light comes on and i will hit the gas and it just not driving. I changed the spark plugs, Wires, new cap and rotator, water pump, and ingnition modeule if you can help me find the problem or ideas that will be great
Old March 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Caprice shakes

Love that LT1 corvette motor. I am not sure I understood the whole problem, but have you checked your motor mounts?
Old March 4th, 2007, 5:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Caprice shakes

Its really hard to explain when the car is on all i know that when im driving for a certain amount of time the muflers start to back fire a little, and i hit the gas and no power is going through. and the check engine light comes on and its not drivable. The dealership even put it on the computer and the computer couldnt find anything wrong with it so i dont know what to do. Thank you for helping me thats the only way i can explain it more if that helps a little more.