Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2011, 2:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lights

I wanna put some fog lights on my 87 Caprice, but I'm not to sure where to mount them. I was thinking maybe behind thw grill if possible but wasnt sure if having it that close to the radiator would be a good idea. I also considered mounting it on the bottom of the bumper, but thats just unattractive to me, on this particular car. Any advise would b cool,and appreciated.
Old December 11th, 2011, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Not sure if you are still an active member, but if so, or anyone else interested in fogs for their caprice; this is how I did mine.
Name:  car2.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  381.3 KB

I carefully drilled very small holes in the bumper filler for the screw holes, and attached a nut on the underside and tightened them to keep them stable. I also wired my fogs to my low beams, and grounded them. The firewall on this car was impossible to get through to hook up a switch. They work great and look very cool and factory almost.
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by ComradeCostello
Not sure if you are still an active member, but if so, or anyone else interested in fogs for their caprice; this is how I did mine.

I carefully drilled very small holes in the bumper filler for the screw holes, and attached a nut on the underside and tightened them to keep them stable. I also wired my fogs to my low beams, and grounded them. The firewall on this car was impossible to get through to hook up a switch. They work great and look very cool and factory almost.
That looks pretty nice, but I just really want mines to be behind the grill somehow. I'm just not sure how I would mount it on.
Old December 13th, 2011, 6:25 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Kapital's Caprice
That looks pretty nice, but I just really want mines to be behind the grill somehow. I'm just not sure how I would mount it on.
*behind* the grill? If you really want them behind, keep in mind the grill is going to put lines in your beam of light, but you could always as long as you have long enough mounting harnesses, you could drill holes in the top metal piece above the radiator and mount them there.