Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Getting my 1994 Caprice back on the road

Search this Thread

Old February 15th, 2019, 8:51 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting my 1994 Caprice back on the road

A few months ago I bought a 1994 Caprice. I didn't know much about it other than that it had "transmission issues", I just looked it over and it was very clean so I took it for a test drive and bought it for $800. After getting it home and looking it over better here's a list of what I need to fix.

1. Digital part of the guage cluster doesn't work.
2. The trans slips in reverse and on kick down (WOT).
3. Theres a noise that is similar to a fan hitting a fan shroud, but that's not happening. I'm assuming that's related to the trans.
4. The radio clock stays on all the time and seems to kill the battery after a couple days.
5. Needs other basic maintenance (tires, brakes, etc.)
Right now the car is buried in snow in y backyard. As soon as the snow is gone I'll be pulling the trans and tearing it down, then I'll decide whether to swap it or fix it.
So my questions are about items 1 and 4, the guage cluster and the clock staying on. Can anyone on here point me in the right direction for fixing those? I've already checked the fuses and it doesn't appear anyone has gotten at any wiring in the car before.