Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Lost running lights and gauge lights plz help

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2019, 6:28 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost running lights and gauge lights plz help

I have a 1996 Caprice few weeks ago the fuse blew for the lights. Replaced it all good. Suddenly lights out again. All the lights works except running and gauges. The speedo readout the seatbelts so on. Turn signals and brakes and headlights np but the whole dash back light and running lights poof. I thought perhaps the headlight switch but man its was hell to find and $120 before I plop that down any thoughts? Fyi no twilight and no dtr
Old January 5th, 2019, 2:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

After exhausting search for wiring diagram for non twilight sentinel non dtr lights I am 90% sure it's my headlight switch. I have 0 power to 41 42 and 43 fuses. I can NOT find a new switch ANYWHERE! HALP! It's the dumbest thing ever! The switch and dimmer roller apparently are made to that chunk of dash.
Old January 7th, 2019, 12:00 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by MaMa Jen Vasquez
After exhausting search for wiring diagram for non twilight sentinel non dtr lights I am 90% sure it's my headlight switch. I have 0 power to 41 42 and 43 fuses. I can NOT find a new switch ANYWHERE! HALP! It's the dumbest thing ever! The switch and dimmer roller apparently are made to that chunk of dash.
This should be the proper headlamp switch: STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS DS707 {#10203769, D1574D

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...mp+switch,4472

Last edited by oilcanhenry; January 7th, 2019 at 12:04 AM.