Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

What is the place to look for spare parts 1984 Caprice Wagon?

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2018, 12:32 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the place to look for spare parts 1984 Caprice Wagon?

Hey everyone. I have a well kept 1984 Wagon with 80K Miles but there are some things I need to find (e.g. Front bumper laft rubber/antenan motor/rear bumper ”fill” (which is between chassis & bumper), but it seems very hard to find spare parts. I also have a 1973 Cheyenne and its WAY easier with that. Can anyone help?`Thanks.
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:21 AM
CF Beginner

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that enough of these cars are being kept to support much of an aftermarket. If you can't find bumper fillers doing a Google search, then they probably are not out there.

I'm looking to buy a 1975 Caprice convertible and I've been checking on the availability of parts before I buy. There are some parts available, but nothing like you find for the square body Chevy trucks or the 60s Chevrolets.
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:32 AM
CF Beginner

Hey,

thanks for the reality check:-)

It is really sad that a car that has been produced by the thousands has really no place where to find any parts.

What can you do...?

Thanks a have great day.

🤝👍

Originally Posted by tony1963
Unfortunately it doesn't seem that enough of these cars are being kept to support much of an aftermarket. If you can't find bumper fillers doing a Google search, then they probably are not out there.

I'm looking to buy a 1975 Caprice convertible and I've been checking on the availability of parts before I buy. There are some parts available, but nothing like you find for the square body Chevy trucks or the 60s Chevrolets.
Old August 20th, 2018, 11:48 AM
CF Beginner

It has more to do with how many are still around and the type of buyer that is out there. I see a lot of these cars where the bumpers are being "tucked" in, basically eliminating the impact absorber that was common in the era. I think it has more to do with the unavailablity of bumper filler parts than styling. The cars look kinda funny afterwards.

Check eBay but any part that old will be brittle.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 5:56 AM
CF Active Member

Check out Classic Industries online. They sell restoration parts for Caprice and Impala models. Might be trouble though to find parts for a wagon.
Old August 25th, 2018, 2:14 PM
CF Beginner

For the heck of it, I check classic industries and they have nothing that the original poster has suggested. Before giving leads on parts, you should know that they have them.

I suppose that I could respond all day long that someone might have something.
Old August 26th, 2018, 1:05 AM
CF Beginner

No worries... I need to go to the scrapyard and find parts there... ������
Old February 17th, 2020, 12:27 AM
CF Beginner

Hey man!
Places like a Pick a Part are fun places to start. Online autions for wrecked cars , forum members, talk to dery guys before they start stripping stuff off the cars. Put feelers out on the Facebook market places. Go for a drive and see if there is anything interesting. Good luck!