Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2012 Captiva Radio Source Problems

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2015, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Captiva Radio Source Problems

Hello, recently my head unit started changing inputs by itself. Sometimes over bumps, sometimes not. If the AUX input comes up with no device plugged in I can hear static through the speakers.

This problem is very annoying as I have to change the input back to what I was listening to every other minute or so.

Any thoughts as to what might be the issue?
Old February 12th, 2016, 9:24 PM
CF Beginner

Default Help!

My 2012 chevy captiva us having all the same electrical issues as listed in this forum. ...my captiva will shut off while your driving.....no help from local dealer or chevy !! Seeking legal assistance is my only option.im a single mother of 3....vehicle isn't worth any trade in value .. upside down on my loan!!! No recall ....it's tooo dangerous to drive!! Someone help me please!!
Old January 2nd, 2017, 6:30 PM
CF Beginner

Default I'm scared to drive

I've had my 2012 Captiva for a little over a year now I bought it used the aux port would always cut in and out but over the last week my radio more or less has a mind of its own. It cuts on and off when it wants changes modes I can't remove the CD int he the player it just spins it won't power off when I want it to. I can't deal with thisima single mom trying to provide for my child I can't afford electrical problems that's why I bought a new car rather than keeping what I had that was paid off. I come online to research the problems I'm having and find out its a know program . Please Help I have a few years to pay still for this car and I'm scared to drive it
Old August 29th, 2018, 5:02 AM
CF Beginner

Default I wish I could help

I am having all the issue that you are having dealeeship and gm would do nothing I have been I .Contact with gm for over a year on another issue I have with the vehicle and they refuse to do anything not only did I have a dactory warranty but I bought the extended warranty as well and while both where in affect no help now both have expired and conditions are getting worse now gm and dealership just say sorry it's out of warranty they also claim not to know how to fix this electrical issue ..... I don't believe that I think they know the problem but it's probably a big problem that they don't want to be dealing with. Also upside down on loan I couldn't give this thing away baabasica was told it's worth 3000 without all the issues. Owe 7000
Old March 9th, 2020, 5:56 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio issues!

[Were you ever able to figure out the issues with the radio? Completely frustrating!!!

QUOTE=Derek Prado;307983]Hello, recently my head unit started changing inputs by itself. Sometimes over bumps, sometimes not. If the AUX input comes up with no device plugged in I can hear static through the speakers.

This problem is very annoying as I have to change the input back to what I was listening to every other minute or so.

Any thoughts as to what might be the issue?[/QUOTE]