Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Device not supported.

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2017, 7:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Device not supported.

I have the same problem that djacob62 has. I have a 2013 Captiva. The radio will shut off and "device not supported" will spread across the radio screen. I have no devices connected. Most times, the clock will not come on either. I was in for oil service yesterday and the dealership said the computer for my radio has to be updated for a fee of $99.95. I don't want to pay to have a computer update but now I'm afraid it might be an indication of more trouble. I have 52,000 miles, bought in 2013 and serviced regularly. Has anyone else had to update the radio?
Old February 17th, 2017, 8:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

ask the dealer if this programming is part of a tsb that addresses your specific concern.
Old March 1st, 2017, 3:06 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by leighf
I have the same problem that djacob62 has. I have a 2013 Captiva. The radio will shut off and "device not supported" will spread across the radio screen. I have no devices connected. Most times, the clock will not come on either. I was in for oil service yesterday and the dealership said the computer for my radio has to be updated for a fee of $99.95. I don't want to pay to have a computer update but now I'm afraid it might be an indication of more trouble. I have 52,000 miles, bought in 2013 and serviced regularly. Has anyone else had to update the radio?
Hello leighf,

I’m glad to hear that you were able to have this concern diagnosed by your Chevrolet dealership, and had a recommended resolution provided. Please feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions, or would like assistance while working with your dealership. Our team is always glad to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old January 2nd, 2022, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Default Radio issue

Did you find a solution to your radio issue? My wife’s Captiva has the same issue suddenly.

Originally Posted by leighf
Old January 6th, 2022, 9:35 PM
CF Beginner

I’m having the same issue. I read that a radio reset can be achieved by disconnecting the battery for a period of time, so I’ll try that.