Device not supported. - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Device not supported.

CF Beginner

February 17th, 2017, 7:59 AM   #1  
Device not supported.

I have the same problem that djacob62 has. I have a 2013 Captiva. The radio will shut off and "device not supported" will spread across the radio screen. I have no devices connected. Most times, the clock will not come on either. I was in for oil service yesterday and the dealership said the computer for my radio has to be updated for a fee of $99.95. I don't want to pay to have a computer update but now I'm afraid it might be an indication of more trouble. I have 52,000 miles, bought in 2013 and serviced regularly. Has anyone else had to update the radio?

CF Monarch

February 17th, 2017, 8:08 AM   #2  
ask the dealer if this programming is part of a tsb that addresses your specific concern.

Official GM Rep

Global Headquarters in Detroit, MI

March 1st, 2017, 3:06 PM   #3  
Posted By: leighf I have the same problem that djacob62 has. I have a 2013 Captiva. The radio will shut off and "device not supported" will spread across the radio screen. I have no devices connected. Most times, the clock will not come on either. I was in for oil service yesterday and the dealership said the computer for my radio has to be updated for a fee of $99.95. I don't want to pay to have a computer update but now I'm afraid it might be an indication of more trouble. I have 52,000 miles, bought in 2013 and serviced regularly. Has anyone else had to update the radio?
Hello leighf,

Iím glad to hear that you were able to have this concern diagnosed by your Chevrolet dealership, and had a recommended resolution provided. Please feel free to send us a private message if you have any questions, or would like assistance while working with your dealership. Our team is always glad to help.

Best,
Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: