Notices
Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

Navigation Display is not working... but Radio still works??

Old May 9th, 2014, 10:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Navigation Display is not working... but Radio still works??

On my 2010 Chevy Suburban LT the 7" Navigation display is not working, but the radio and satellite radio are working. The hard buttons around the display also work, it appears that just the display is dead. Do I need to replace the entire Navigation, Radio component or is there a way to replace or fix just the display itself?
Old May 9th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by rolfcar
On my 2010 Chevy Suburban LT the 7" Navigation display is not working, but the radio and satellite radio are working. The hard buttons around the display also work, it appears that just the display is dead. Do I need to replace the entire Navigation, Radio component or is there a way to replace or fix just the display itself?
Hello rolfcar,

I apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your display. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please send me a PM with your VIN, current mileage, contact info and a preferred dealership? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 8th, 2014, 8:25 PM
CF Beginner

Ironic.. I just started having this very same issue last evening. Radio works.. but the navigation screen randomly blinks on and off. Radio, radio lights and the "working sounds" the CD makes is still happening. Can you advise?
Old June 9th, 2014, 9:54 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ohiowright
Ironic.. I just started having this very same issue last evening. Radio works.. but the navigation screen randomly blinks on and off. Radio, radio lights and the "working sounds" the CD makes is still happening. Can you advise?
Hello ohiowright,

Have you considered taking this into the dealership to see if they may have a solution to this concern? Please let me know if you would like me to contact them on your behalf via PM, and I will do my best to look into this for you. Please include your VIN, current mileage, contact info and the dealership. Looking forward to your response.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old June 9th, 2014, 1:39 PM
CF Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default automated useless responses

I wonder how hard it would be to tap into the API of this forum.

IF post.text contains "%userName%" && "problem" or "not working" or "issue":

THEN

reply.txt = "Go see your dealer " & %username% & "." & "something else that's fairly common knowledge."

It's a mix of code styles, but I think you get the idea.

With a few hours I could automate that type of response across dozens of forums...
I wonder if they get paid per post. That could make a nice profit margin...

lol.

here's the API for the forum:

vBulletin CMS Copy - API Overview

What is Application Program Interface (API)? Webopedia

ANYWAY: a more useful response would be to remove the ground from your battery for 10 min and see if that resets anything.

failing that your options would be opening up the headunit, or replacing it with the OEM one or an after market head unit.

Ohh, I'd pull the canned responses from a table in a database, and if you had say 30 of them, it would almost look like a human wrote it...

the ONE thing they tried to do, link to the "My Chevrolet" site... annnddd... the site is down lol.

GM. where if nothing works, then nothing is broken

they don't even click track the damn links!

you should write it like "my.chevrolet.com?Reference=Chevroletforum.com&dat e=%now&username=%username."

then you can see how many visitors you get from here! (assuming you program for this on the destination site).

not only are they 1/2 assing social media, they can't even get the back end data right.

If you don't track where your visitors come from, how do you know who's giving you ROI? heck, you could customize the experience based on where they came from as well.

Last edited by SabrToothSqrl; June 9th, 2014 at 1:48 PM.
Old June 11th, 2014, 6:45 PM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For me, my truck came with the nav radio. As I'm driving away with it and I start messing with the screen it's locking up. Not letting me zoom, buttons slow to respond. What I did was remove the nav disc and clean it really good...no idea why so many fingerprints but ok. I also cleaned some dirt particles from the corners of the screen left by previous owners...so far so good, haven't had an issue since then.

Can't hurt to try it.
Old March 29th, 2017, 4:31 PM
CF Beginner

Mine also, dealership gave no help. Still would like to understand.