Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

07 Suburban LT front blower quit working, rear still works

Search this Thread

Old September 22nd, 2012, 4:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Suburban LT front blower quit working, rear still works

I have a 2007 1500 Suburban LT 4X4, the front blower motor suddenly stopped blowing but the rear still works. I have tried manually adjusting the speeds low to high, defrost to feet, recirculate and nothing will make the air blow up front. Nothing prior to it quitting indicated their was problem. Is it the blower motor, resistor, a relay or what?
Old September 25th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Byrd
I have a 2007 1500 Suburban LT 4X4, the front blower motor suddenly stopped blowing but the rear still works. I have tried manually adjusting the speeds low to high, defrost to feet, recirculate and nothing will make the air blow up front. Nothing prior to it quitting indicated their was problem. Is it the blower motor, resistor, a relay or what?
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Ryan Byrd,

I have researched my resources and there are currently no known issues based on your description for 2007 Suburban vehicles. I recommend consulting with a certified technician for additional assistance. They should be able to offer an official diagnosis after inspecting the vehicle.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me privately.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old September 25th, 2012, 7:32 PM
CF Beginner

I had a similar issue with my 2007 tahoe, front stopped blowing yet rear worked fine, replaced the blower relay, didnt work, in the long run ended up being the blower motor... Been working fine now for a while... Good luck!!
Old May 22nd, 2015, 11:30 AM
CF Beginner

My wifes 07 Suburban just developed this issue, Front blower motor blew fuse. Started to put in new fuse ( with the keys OUT OF THE IGNITION ), and the fuse blew before I could even lock it in place. Anyone have any ideas on this one?? Help please!!
Old May 22nd, 2015, 4:12 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Try unplugging the blower motor resistor and motor, then put the fuse in and see if it blows... if it does not, then plug each item in one at a time with the fuse removed and then try the fuse again...

My guess is its the blower motor resistor
Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-81638 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module: Automotive Amazon.com: ACDelco 15-81638 GM Original Equipment Heating and Air Conditioning Blower Control Module: Automotive

But do your due diligence of troubleshooting first...
Old May 23rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
CF Beginner

Question Blower Motor fuse

IN2PRO , Thanks so much for the reply. I have just removed the fan motor , the resistor, and the speed control module from the dash. After removing each component one at a time and testing with plugging in a fuse each time, I still am blowing fuses with everything disconnected. I have a schematic from a Chiltons manual and it is not really showing me anything else that I might remove. What really bites is that the fuse is HOT at all times (schematic even shows this). The schematic unfortunately does not show me the direction of the cold side of the fuse. Got any other ideas that I can run with?

(2007 Suburban 1500 LTZ 4x4, w/dual climate control in front, and separate rear cooling/heating controls. Rear works fine.)

Last edited by Pappyvtx; May 23rd, 2015 at 11:41 AM.
Old May 24th, 2015, 7:35 AM
Administrator

Okay, couple more questions:
1. Do you have the manual or Auto HVAC system
2. Can you confirm which fuse it is that is blowing.
3. Have you checked other fuses to make sure its not a systemic issue.

I'll check my schematics and see what I can post
Old May 24th, 2015, 8:06 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like the cold side of the fuse (HVAC BLWR) feeds a junction block on the right side of the instrument panel. I'd check the connectors to the fuse panel. Look for burnt / corroded connections.
Old May 24th, 2015, 8:58 PM
Administrator

Here is the schematic from the service manual...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
HVAC BLWR.pdf (124.1 KB, 1620 views)
Old May 25th, 2015, 8:20 AM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up

Thanks again for all the help! I did finally find the issue! Started tracing BACKWARDS from the fuse block under the hood. Didn't get too far till I found a pinched wire under one of the screws that holds the fuse block down. It was the screw on the firewall side of the block! It must have either been pinched by the previous owner , or (unbelieveably) by the factory, and finally just broke thru the wire insulation. I repaired the wire and put in a new fuse, and WA-LA! No more blown fuses!! Again, I really appreciate all the help! This truly is a great forum for those of us that work on our own vehicles!

Thank God for our Veterans, and thank you Veterans for all that you do and have done for our country! Happy Memorial Day to all!

Quick Reply: 07 Suburban LT front blower quit working, rear still works