Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

No heat in cabin

Search this Thread

Old November 4th, 2019, 10:29 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No heat in cabin

2013 Captiva

So now that the cold weather is here, I am unable to get heat in the cabin of my Captiva...

The blower and blower speed switch are working. The vent selector switch is NOT working. The temperature selector switch is NOT working.

Done so far:
1. Confirmed the send and return hoses to the heater core are both hot.
2. Confirmed the blend door is stuck in the cold air position.
3. Removed passenger side blend door actuator and bench tested. It is working properly.
4. Confirmed the blend door actuator is NOT receiving power.
5. Checked all fuses that were HVAC related - all good. Maybe I missed one though? Some of the fuses have odd labels and I have no idea what they do.
6. Disconnected battery in an attempt to possibly reset the system. No improvement.

Other Information:
1. When the blower speed selector is set to AUTO, the A/C will kick on even though it is freezing outside. This seems suspicious to me, but don't know if it's related.
2. I'm thinking maybe there is a faulty sensor somewhere? Cabin air temp sensor? Heater core sensor? Ambient air temp sensor? Something else? Just wild guesses...

I am at a dead end here. Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated!!!
Old November 4th, 2019, 10:38 PM
Super Moderator

Received 614 Likes on 555 Posts

Based on what you say, the fault lies somewhere between the selector switch and the actuator.

A/C turning on sounds normal. It's easier to heat up dry air than humid air.
Old December 19th, 2019, 6:17 AM
CF Beginner

Default Captiva no heat

Originally Posted by dave2555
2013 Captiva

So now that the cold weather is here, I am unable to get heat in the cabin of my Captiva...

The blower and blower speed switch are working. The vent selector switch is NOT working. The temperature selector switch is NOT working.

Done so far:
1. Confirmed the send and return hoses to the heater core are both hot.
2. Confirmed the blend door is stuck in the cold air position.
3. Removed passenger side blend door actuator and bench tested. It is working properly.
4. Confirmed the blend door actuator is NOT receiving power.
5. Checked all fuses that were HVAC related - all good. Maybe I missed one though? Some of the fuses have odd labels and I have no idea what they do.
6. Disconnected battery in an attempt to possibly reset the system. No improvement.

Other Information:
1. When the blower speed selector is set to AUTO, the A/C will kick on even though it is freezing outside. This seems suspicious to me, but don't know if it's related.
2. I'm thinking maybe there is a faulty sensor somewhere? Cabin air temp sensor? Heater core sensor? Ambient air temp sensor? Something else? Just wild guesses...

I am at a dead end here. Any advice on how to proceed would be much appreciated!!!
I had the same problem. No heat and no seat heater. The problem vas the big relay to the climasystem. Its on the side of the engine.
Old October 22nd, 2021, 7:27 PM
CF Beginner

Did you every find an answer to this? I'm having the exact same problem now, and have checked the same things. Blower motor is working, good coolant level, warm coolant at both heater core hoses- no hot air to cabin and face/floor vents both blow cold air. Thanks in advance!