Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Problem with my radio since I bought it

Search this Thread

Old June 15th, 2017, 11:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with my radio since I bought it

I purchased my 2014 Captiva in 2015 while it was under warranty. I took it to a Chevy dealer because many things were happening electrically, mainly the radio/cd player cutting out. The dealer said it just need a computer update. That did not solve the problem. Since then it has had a few good days but lately it cuts out constantly. I can't listen to any talk on the radio because I miss so much with the radio cutting out. I also cannot connect to the aux port because it cuts out or says it isn't available. It cuts out when nothing is happening but also when I turn things on, blinker, windows.

I love the design of my car but the electrical issues are so frustrating and I am shocked to find this forum with people having the same issues. Why isn't this a recall? I typically buy Ford vehicles but switched to Chevy. I am not pleased and I am not sure I will buy another one. I don't think I should have to pay for the repairs despite the warranty being expired. I am hoping I don't experience the other issues people are having because I want a trustworthy car.