Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Traction Control Problem of 2013 Captiva

Search this Thread

Old July 22nd, 2015, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction Control Problem of 2013 Captiva

I have a 2013 Captiva. There was a message saying "Service Traction Control" after starting the engine. The message didn't appear every time, but more frequently in the evening.

I made an appointment with the dealership. But before the day of appointment, I couldn't start the engine. It felt like the battery was drained, but the reading of battery voltage from information panel was still good (more than 11V). The dealer sent a towing truck, jumped start my car and towed it away. After two days, they told me they found nothing wrong. The battery was good, engine starting well, no "Service Traction Control" message...

It has been about two weeks since I got my car back. The traction control message still appears occasionally, but less frequently, only twice this two weeks. Any idea about it? Should the dealership be able to read history traction control error code? And is the engine start failure related to the traction control problem?

Thanks.
Old July 24th, 2015, 3:10 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by yjhxfy
I have a 2013 Captiva. There was a message saying "Service Traction Control" after starting the engine. The message didn't appear every time, but more frequently in the evening.

I made an appointment with the dealership. But before the day of appointment, I couldn't start the engine. It felt like the battery was drained, but the reading of battery voltage from information panel was still good (more than 11V). The dealer sent a towing truck, jumped start my car and towed it away. After two days, they told me they found nothing wrong. The battery was good, engine starting well, no "Service Traction Control" message...

It has been about two weeks since I got my car back. The traction control message still appears occasionally, but less frequently, only twice this two weeks. Any idea about it? Should the dealership be able to read history traction control error code? And is the engine start failure related to the traction control problem?

Thanks.
Hi there,

We truly apologize for the reoccurring vehicle message as this can be frustrating. Especially when the dealership was unable to duplicate at this time. However, we would be more than happy to investigate this as well, and get in touch with the dealership on your behalf. Feel free to send us a private message along with your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care