Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrak light is on my 2014 Chevy Captiva

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2015, 4:01 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Service Traction Control and Service Stabilitrak light is on my 2014 Chevy Captiva

My name is Lois, I own a 2014 Chevy Captiva. I love the crossover although I have only had it for 5 months. I have not had any problems until this morning, when the car was skidding on ice. Two lights came on and has not gone out yet. I contacted ON star who stated there is a C0045 code. The dealer was also notified by Onstar. HELP!!! I know the weather here in Chicago has been 30 degrees below zero with the wind chill but today it warmed up to 20 degrees and now the car has three lights on the dash. Service Traction Control , Service Stabilitrak and ABS light. HELP!!!
Old January 12th, 2015, 8:08 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by loismyles
My name is Lois, I own a 2014 Chevy Captiva. I love the crossover although I have only had it for 5 months. I have not had any problems until this morning, when the car was skidding on ice. Two lights came on and has not gone out yet. I contacted ON star who stated there is a C0045 code. The dealer was also notified by Onstar. HELP!!! I know the weather here in Chicago has been 30 degrees below zero with the wind chill but today it warmed up to 20 degrees and now the car has three lights on the dash. Service Traction Control , Service Stabilitrak and ABS light. HELP!!!
Hello Lois,

I apologize for this! We would be happy to look into this further on your behalf, and reach out to your dealership. Can you please provide your VIN, current mileage, contact information and the preferred dealership in a private message? We look forward to assisting you further.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old February 21st, 2015, 6:24 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by loismyles
I also have a 2014 Captiva I've had for about a month. The same thing happened to me today. I tried to stop in slick conditions after I had parked and was going to leave the Service Traction control and service Stabilitrak lights as well as the ABS light came on. There was snow in my driveway and it took a few attempts to get my car in the garage but finally made it.... HELP !!!! Is this a problem on this vehicle ??
Old February 28th, 2015, 3:06 PM
CF Beginner

Default Not liking my car today!

These lights all came on today on my way home in the snow. I hoped as my car melted off in the garage, they wouldn't come back on the next time it started. They are still on! Can't wait to dump a lot of money to fix it.
Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:02 AM
CF Beginner

Any update?
Old February 2nd, 2016, 10:39 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2014 Captiva - Service Stabilitrack, Traction Control ABS lights

I also have a 2014 Chevy Captiva with the same issues as others reported. It happened yesterday when I pulled out of my garage into some snow. The car has been sitting in the garage over 12 hours now, and the garage temp is 45+ degrees. The lights still won't go off.

I just had it at the dealership for an oil change Saturday - could they have screwed something up? It only has 29K miles and I am hoping I didn't buy a lemon

I sent an email to the dealer with photos of my instrument gauge - not sure if they will contact me, I've had iffy response from them in the past
Old March 8th, 2016, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

I have the 2013 model of this car. Today when I tried to turn on my car, the brake pedal was stuck up. The engine would not turn on. My computer told me that I need to fix the Stabilitrak, fix the traction control, fix my tires that had 6psi (that were fully blown up to 35psi), fix my airbag because it was deployed (when it wasn't). My lights kept on turning on and off randomly like in a horror movie. The door locks would also go up and down on their own whenever they wanted to.

I'm currently pregnant and cannot be stranded in the middle of nowhere while this problem keeps on happening to Chevy vehicles from 2008 to 2014. I went on edmunds.com and read 12 pages worth of horror stories!

I hope that my car code scanner can clear up these codes and I can drive my car to the dealership to try and have it fixed.
Old March 9th, 2016, 7:09 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by piggiehandcuffs
I have the 2013 model of this car. Today when I tried to turn on my car, the brake pedal was stuck up. The engine would not turn on. My computer told me that I need to fix the Stabilitrak, fix the traction control, fix my tires that had 6psi (that were fully blown up to 35psi), fix my airbag because it was deployed (when it wasn't). My lights kept on turning on and off randomly like in a horror movie. The door locks would also go up and down on their own whenever they wanted to.

I'm currently pregnant and cannot be stranded in the middle of nowhere while this problem keeps on happening to Chevy vehicles from 2008 to 2014. I went on edmunds.com and read 12 pages worth of horror stories!

I hope that my car code scanner can clear up these codes and I can drive my car to the dealership to try and have it fixed.
Hey piggiehandcuffs,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing concerns with your vehicle and understand how frustrating this may be. Have you had this concern diagnosed by your local certified Chevrolet dealership? If not, and you would like assistance setting an appointment to have a diagnosis performed, please feel free to send us a private message. Just be sure to include your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and the name of your preferred dealer.
Please include any questions that you may have. We are always happy to help!

Cecil J.
Chevrolet Customer Care