Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

94 Cavalier Wipers do not work

Search this Thread

Old January 7th, 2021, 3:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Cavalier Wipers do not work

The wipers started stopping while in use so replace the motor and the pulse board. Also purchased a used wiper switch but now I have nothing. The fuse is good and I have power on the white wire to the motor and the switch. Whats crazy is when I turn the wipers to high, the wiper motor does not come on at all but it starts pumping washer fluid out. Not sure where to go next. Thanks for any help.
Old January 7th, 2021, 4:36 PM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Make sure the ground to the motor is good.
The following users liked this post:
Gene Ries (January 8th, 2021)
Old January 8th, 2021, 11:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
Make sure the ground to the motor is good.
Here is a pic of what I assume is the ground strap. I put a washer on the bolt just to make sure there was plenty of metal to metal contact. Looking at the wiring diagram this is the only ground? Please correct me if I am wrong.
Well today after securing that ground better, now when I turn the wipers to high nothing happens. It does make a clicking sound when I turn it off or on, but no sound when I switch to low or high, so really not sure now LOL. Thanks

I used my test light on the switch and the White wire is hot all times. The PPL wire is 10v when the switch is on high, and the Grey wire is 5v when on slow. No matter how I move the switch i cannot get any voltage out of the Pink or Orange wires.
If it was something with the motor wonder why the washer fluid pump is not working at all.

I used my test light and I have power on the PPL wire and the Grey wire at the motor. I swapped the old pulse board back in just searching for answers and it did nothing.

Also I do not have the wiper arms connected yet wanted to see if the motor would turn itself first.

Last edited by Gene Ries; January 8th, 2021 at 3:44 PM.