Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

96 cavailer electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2009, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 96 cavailer electrical issues

ive got a 96 cavailer 2.2 2 door basic model. heres the problem ive got no interior lights except the radio face its self shows the time and what not but nothing eles lights up. when i turn the running lights on i have no running lights on the outside of the car and my interior lights (dash lights dont come on), when i swith it to the fully on postion i get all my outsie lights but still no dash lights. blinklers work fine and hazarads all work fine but then if i start my car with the remote start i have parking/running lights and my instrement panel lights up but when the timer runs out and the car shuts it self back off the lights stay on. ive pulled all the fuses and the battery and now im kinda at a lose of where to begian again. i replaced the mutli function switch in the colum and that wasnt the issue so im going to put the old one back in so i can my 65 $$ back and put it to the next problem.... car runs fine, im just wonderin if this could be computer related but if it was its not throwing any codes sooo im kinda stuck at the moment. if anyone could offer sum suggestions or anything it will be apprecaiated....
David