Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

error code 0408 fan 1 issue

Old August 16th, 2018, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code 0408 fan 1 issue

i have no continuity between positive lead from cooling fan connector to the cooling fan relay,,,,i don't think there is anything between...must be bad connection or broken wire...wiring harness in engine is very difficult to physically trace the wire back to relay...anybody have suggestions...i think lifting up the external fuse box would really help but not sure how to do this.......please help...

cheers, tom
Old August 16th, 2018, 4:00 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by tommycavalier
i have no continuity between positive lead from cooling fan connector to the cooling fan relay,,,,i don't think there is anything between...must be bad connection or broken wire...wiring harness in engine is very difficult to physically trace the wire back to relay...anybody have suggestions...i think lifting up the external fuse box would really help but not sure how to do this.......please help...

cheers, tom
Might be the cooling fan relay is bad. Are the red wires at the cooling fan relay getting power? What is the year, engine size and so forth, on your Cavalier?
Old August 16th, 2018, 4:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

97 cavalier 2.2l.. 12v .power is at the relay....as i said i measured between power line at fan connector and pulled the relay and measured to the slot where the 12v should be at.....no continuity....so...unless there is something between those 2 points it must be a wire or connector(maybe under the fuse box).....if i could lift that fuse box up a bit it would make it a bit easier to trace the wire down to the fan connector...

Search this Thread