Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

help. roaring noise but also vibration noise when turning...

Search this Thread

Old April 29th, 2014, 8:19 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation help. roaring noise but also vibration noise when turning...

Hi, for about maybe couple thousand had a slight roar noise coming as speed came up and when letting off the gas. Other issue that has came recently even stopped or going will get some vibration/noise when turning the wheel can be with the car stopped and going. Doesn't always make the noise when turning. I got passenger side wheel bearing down last year because it was supposedly going bad, also hit a curb in winter so that could have led to it as well. So I am assuming the driver side hub bearing has now gone bad as well. There is also some strut noise when steering at a stop and hitting some bumps at speed. so I'm sure those need a change soon as well but I want to make sure I change the right parts.
I saw a video that showed rotating the rotor back and forth and the cv joint will move up and down if bearing is bad I'm not getting any of that either. Worth noting the feelers for the brake pads are down to rotors to so was going to change pads and rotors as well. I drive a lot of miles so barely a year on pads and rotors but will change if i'm taking caliper off to do hub assembly. Please any assistance.
Thank you,
Lee
Old May 16th, 2014, 7:08 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you replace the pads, you should check the bearings and suspension parts. The "roaring" when turning the steering wheel while stopped might indicate problems with the steering pump. You need to investigate more. If it ain't broke, don't fix it...