Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Juss wondering

Search this Thread

Old April 24th, 2006, 8:11 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Juss wondering

so wat upgrades can be done 2 an auto tranny?

also, wat "mods" can I do w/o spending ne money lol...like bypassing sum sensor or sumthin.
Old April 25th, 2006, 9:53 AM
CF Senior Member

as for free mods nothing. they are what they are. as for the paying type you could upgrade to synthetic fluid and you can get shift kits for them. they require you to take apart the bottom of the tranny and replacing some ***** and springs in there. but if your new at this its not somthing i would want to put in myself.
Old April 25th, 2006, 8:49 PM
CF Junior Member

ok kool. Yea im really new to modding cars...but im not new to em if u kno wat i meen. Like I kno enough to school sumbody wen think they think know it all bout certain parts lol...like those Honda ricers who think their cars can kick *** juss cuz they have intake n big-4-nuthin exhuast lol. isnt 3-4" a lil 2 big for an N/A car? n Doesnt that actually not help as much as maybe a 2-1/2"? Cuz i kno 3-4 inches is more for turbo cars...i've heard that 3-4 isnt all hat better for N/A...but I think thats juss for a 2g Eclipse.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:25 PM
CF Senior Member

the biggest exaust you realy need is maby 3" but thats mostly for the sound. and my truck sounds just like that. all i had 2 do was wait for it to fall off!!
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:11 AM
CF Junior Member

so would 3" be ideal for power n good sound? I dont want it 2 be really loud juss noticeable u kno. Also wat exactly is a test pipe or straight pipe? I always hear bout em but idk wat they are lol. Also is it cheaper to buy a full cat-back exhuast system or buy everything piece by piece like headers, downpipe, cat converter, muffler, etc.
Old April 26th, 2006, 12:33 PM
CF Senior Member

3" is what most ppl put on and depending on the type u put on as to how lowd it is. you can order a hole kit from some of th companys like borla or a few others or you can get a cat back witch is cheaper becuse u dont have to buy the catalitic converter witch is the most expencive part of the exaust. you should be able to get a good system for around a few 100$s at your local mufler place.
Old April 26th, 2006, 1:15 PM
CF Junior Member

so if I get an exhuast system....wat would be included n would there be ne parts that would compromise with inspection stuff....i live in texas so im not really sure if sum exhuast upgrades would mess up inspections n stuff.
Old April 26th, 2006, 1:51 PM
CF Senior Member

if you go with a cat back type then there should be no problems with emitions becuse your not doing anything with any of the emitions parts ( cat /o 2 senser.) or any of that stuff. you should also be alright if you put a high flow cat on it to but they can get expensive. anymore then that and i wouldent be sure. i live in canada so im not to sure on your emition regulations there.
Old April 26th, 2006, 2:23 PM
CF Junior Member

is it hard 2 convert auto into stick shift? I was thinkin bout that a long time ago but i kno its time n money consuming. Is it the same as owning a regular stick shift or do people have problems after the conversion?
Old April 26th, 2006, 5:01 PM
CF Senior Member

it would be cheaper and easyer just to sell the auto and buy a stick shift. you could convert from a stick to an auto but its almost imposible to go the other way.

Quick Reply: Juss wondering