Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Juss wondering

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2006, 5:22 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Juss wondering

got a question, I got an A-Spec intake last riday..bolted it up n everything....where can i put the brackets to hold the intake up? cuz I juss looked into my engine bay around my intake n I dont see ne place to bolt the bracket????
Old April 27th, 2006, 6:12 PM
CF Senior Member

you may just have to make somthing to bolt it to. i would almost have to see it to be able to tell you what you can and can unbolt or move to bolt up the brakets.
Old April 27th, 2006, 7:31 PM
CF Junior Member

yea I'll take pix of it soon. I got another question....does 95-99 cavalier have the same as 2000-2002...like exhuast set up n stuff? IM juss curious
Old April 27th, 2006, 10:52 PM
CF Senior Member

i would think that there wouldnt be much difrence. i would check for sure if u plan on using parts though. i know the body panals and stuff are dif.
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:22 AM
CF Junior Member

yea cuz I can find parts for my car cheaper if it was like 95-99 but if they wont fit then its aight...juss tryin 2 save a buck or two lol
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM
CF Senior Member

ya you need to save all the money you can to be able to aford to put gas in you car with the price of it now.
Old April 28th, 2006, 9:41 PM
CF Junior Member

ok i got another question....2day on my way home i notice my engine temperatur needle rising lil by lil every minute or so....wen I was bout 5 minutes away from home my "check gauges" light came on n I noticed that the needle was now all the way into red....I think it mite be becuz of the oil since its 100 miles b4 its gotta be changed, but wen I checked it wen i got home it was like 2 circles below full...like there are 4 lil circles from full n mine was 2 from it so I tihnk its got enough but u never kno....IM juss wondering if there is nething else 2 consider checking? It juss started doin this 2day, I dont wanna start thinking its becuz of my intake cuz then i'll be pissed lol.
Old April 28th, 2006, 9:55 PM
CF Senior Member

if you cheacked the oil when it was hot you wont get the right reading on the stick you have to wait for it to be cold to get the right reading. so you are probly low on oil cuse it always reads higher on the stick when its hot. as for why its running hot it my be that its low on oil or maby you moved or cut anything when you put the intake on?
Old April 28th, 2006, 11:33 PM
CF Junior Member

well Im not sure its the intake tho becuz I've had the intake on for an entire week as of now n it hasnt caused ne problems...so Im thinkin its the oil, either way im takin it in the shop to get the oil changed...since I got a 1-year coupon for it lol.

Also, there is a light that has been going on n off while I drive....im not really sure as to wat it is 4...it looks like a tank with an arrow pointing downward...like its a low liquid level symbol but idk wat its for....wen i checked the owner's manual I thought it was for the coolant, but I already filled that up...so I have no clue wat it is....would it go off for brake fluid? power steering fluid? tranny fluid? or nething else???
Old April 29th, 2006, 12:59 AM
CF Senior Member

this sounds dumb but its probly for your washer fluid. but if your taking it to the shop anyway they will check all the fluids for you so if the light is still on when you get the car back then i would check your washer fluid.

Quick Reply: Juss wondering