Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

new to cavaliers

Search this Thread

Old February 21st, 2011, 2:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to cavaliers

how much does it cost and what is involved in bringing a 2000 z24 over 200hp
Old March 7th, 2011, 11:57 PM
CF Junior Member

I wouldn't even try it. You'd be better off trading your Cavalier for a 200 hp. car which would be more reliable. Maybe a Camaro.
Old March 8th, 2011, 8:06 AM
CF Junior Member

hey its not cost effective to make a cavi fast but it can be done. by a chip for it bigger fuel injectors and a decent exhaust system. that will probably get you close. if that isnt enough for you get a peformance head. you could swap out a bigger motor may have to do tranny to. ive never seeen it done but you could look into putting the supercharged 3.8l in it may have to do a tranny swap. and it would be some work. but if you pulled it off it would be pretty cool. blow the doors off that ricer group with that hondas and what not.
Old March 9th, 2011, 8:51 AM
CF Junior Member

Yeah, you could do all that stuff, spend a small fortune to bring it up to 200hp and maybe put it in the 12 or 13 second bracket in the 1/4 mile. Much easier and cheaper and more reliable to just buy a Camaro or Mustang.
I have a Cavalier and wouldn't be above modifying it but not to the point you're talking about. Right now my Cavalier is basically stock because I need it to be reliable and get good fuel mileage. I have an '85 Corvette in the garage if I want to go fast.
Attached Thumbnails new to cavaliers-vet-1-small-.jpg  

Last edited by a. palmer jr.; March 9th, 2011 at 8:58 AM.