Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Plsssss Help!!! Still not starting/theft system light on!! 1998 Cavalier

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2013, 1:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plsssss Help!!! Still not starting/theft system light on!! 1998 Cavalier

In need of any advice I can get at this point. I have tried many reset tricks, had a mechanic hook it up to his computer and it showed nothing. He said it might (might) be the switch $300 but it may be something else??? The theft system light stays on (does not blink) when key is on and when you turn the key you can hear a (hiss) that is showing that the fuel injector is trying but stops. I have read many bypass blogs and have seen many kits you can buy but I really have a gut feeling it is much simpler than paying for and trying all of that stuff. Any ideas????? (By the way let me just mention this anti theft system GM put on these cars are just ridiculous)
I really need help!!! I cannot find anyone who knows what to do????
Old May 30th, 2013, 5:11 PM
Former Sponsor

98 chevy cavalier theft system? - Yahoo! Answers
Try this
Old May 30th, 2013, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by go-part
I have tried all of the reset procedures that are on the Internet and the light does not flash it just stays on. I am losing my mind with this car. Someone said it might be the fuel pump but I cannot check that until I get this darn light to go off!
Old June 8th, 2013, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

I know i had the same problem on mine and when i unhooked my battery and reinstalled it and hooked it to the charger and it reset itself. Not sure if it will work for you as well but its at least something for you to try.