Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Replacing 97 Cavalier Window Switch - blue tabs?

Search this Thread

Old June 16th, 2021, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing 97 Cavalier Window Switch - blue tabs?

Hello,

I just purchased a power window switch for a 97 Chevy Cavalier and had a question about installing it.

Is there a trick to getting the old one to come out? (Edit: I mean disconnecting the wiring connectors from the old part. I already have dislodged the switch assembly from the console) I see the connections have blue tabs -- do you squeeze these on either side to remove the switch or do you use a a flat head to pry them from the flat side?

(concerned about breaking the thing---don't usually DIY)

Last edited by zeppo1; June 16th, 2021 at 8:02 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old June 16th, 2021, 10:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLUTION

(I messed with it a bit and found out how to do it. Leaving comment here for others with the same problem.)

After taking the assembly out of the console (I achieved this by accident in smashing down the whole thing and it popped up. I'm pretty sure it's easy to get out by prying the sides.) on the bottom you will find two wire connection with blue tabs. These are actually clips to hold the wires in and can be popped out by inserting a flat head screwdriver in the sides where the white part is. My clips actually came out pretty easy.