Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

small hood collision, NEED HELP PLZ

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2011, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small hood collision, NEED HELP PLZ

So I had recently just crashed my cavalier at aorund 10 mph. The hood is bent a good 2-3 inches where the highest point of the crease is to where it used to be. The hood wont open, but it seems like the hood is the only problem because I can see under the hood and nothing looks to be cracked or anything. Can and should I bend the hood back. I'll be going to collision repair shops for estimates and stuff, but I'm in a new town due to college and don't want to get scammed. How much should a repair cost if A) they can just bend out the hood and fix the locking mech. and B) if they have to buy a new hood and install it? thnx for the help alot guys
Old April 21st, 2011, 2:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check around and see who sells aftermarket parts in your town. I bought a new hood for an 05 Cavalier recently for $80. Ebay has many sellers of aftermarket. You can even order one painted to match your car from Ebay. Takes me about 20 minutes to install a hood on a Cavalier.