Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

A very specific trouble with Cavalier 2000 LS

Search this Thread

Old September 3rd, 2006, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A very specific trouble with Cavalier 2000 LS

I have a Chevy Cavalier 2000 LS.
Recently i am having very specific trouble. Some times in the morning or during the day i can not start my car. In addition, my car can shut down suddenly, when i am in the semafor, or in parking aereas or when i am tryng to turn, so in cases that i have to slow down.
I changed all filters, oil, spark plugs. But no results.
One of my friend suggested me to clean uo injectors, using fuel injector cleaners.
Till now the same problem. So the car suddenly can shut down.
Why? Any help? Thanks!
Old September 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
CF Active Member

Default RE: A very specific trouble with Cavalier 2000 LS

Read first reply from Me.
Old October 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM
CF Beginner

Eugen, have you had any luck in finding out what the problem is yet? My car did the whole stall thing to me last week and just this morning the Engine light came on. However, after it stalled, in the middle of the turning lane, I got it pushed into a parking lot and let it sit for about ten minutes-then it's started just fine. It's been fine ever since this morning. When I went to shut off my lights, they flickered and then my Engine light came on. I'm going to take it to Auto Zone and see if they can give me an answer I'm satisfied with. I'm driving my car to Spokane on Friday, or at least that is the plan!! I hope I can get this fixed by then. It probably wouldn't even be worth the money to have it towed home. I'm hoping it's a glitch but by reading the posts on the forum, I think I might be SOL. Anyway suggestions would be great!
Old October 24th, 2006, 9:59 PM
CF Beginner

My buddy has a Honda that was doing the same thing. Dealer chased the problem for a few months because it wasn't a reproducable problem. It was completely random. Anyway, turned out to be a faulty ignition switch. They put in a new one and hasn't had a problem since. Might be worth checking in to.