Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Where and how to run amp wire 94 cav?

Search this Thread

Old September 1st, 2011, 9:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where and how to run amp wire 94 cav?

As the topic implies. Im hoping to hook an amplifier up in my cav. Its the 94 4dr sedan. Its nothing huge. Its a 500w amp and i know how to wire it all up. Just installed a new deck to replace stock **** brick that came with the cav. But...i cant figure out where to run the wire from the battery through the firewall. Through various searches i saw some bits about cutting through the rubber grommet around your steering column and being able to shove the wire through there. But that is a moving part and from the inside under my dash it sa tight fit theres no way my wire would fit even if i did get it through from the engine side. If anyone has any experience here id love to know.
Old September 11th, 2011, 9:40 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can take a drill with a 1/8 inch drill bit and drill a pilot hole 1/4 of an inch to the right or left of the grommet. Look for the bit on the firewall from the engine compartment. If all looks good make hole for the size of the wire that you are running. If the hole is not right fill with silicone.

Hope this helps