Chevelle & El Camino This section is intended to cover Chevelle, El Camino, and other GM A or G-Body RWD not otherwise covered

Insurance??

Old February 1st, 2017, 9:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Insurance??

Hi everyone
I am currently 19 years old and I am a huge fan of the Chevelle and El Camino. I am getting my license soon, and I want to get a 71' El Camino with a 454 big block in it. Since it is a requirement to have insurance on the vehicle, I'd like to know if anyone knows how much insurance will probably cost for me monthly, and how much yours all cost (unless it's really private and not good to be shared). I live in Texas, single, don't own a house. Thanks
Old February 2nd, 2017, 11:41 AM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Go on the internet and you can get rates online from many companies. Everybody will be different depending on age, car where you live, etc. At 19 years of age you will pay much more than someone at 25.
Old February 2nd, 2017, 4:53 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's different for every place/vehicle/age/driving history...
For here, our insurance is government run,
& is $100/month, no matter what the make/model/year/mileage/who the driver is/etc
& you get discounts for every year you have a safe driving record.
& you can get extra insurance if you want

(insurance is just gambling & a waste of money. you don't need it )
Old February 22nd, 2021, 12:01 PM
CF Beginner

Wow, I completely disagree with the idea that insurance is comething comparable to gambling. That is not only untrue, that’s also a little bit weird, because of the fact that gambling is about making money and insurance is more like spending money in order to feel safe for your car. Also, I can assure you that you will never feel any kind of sorrow for your car if you will have a good insurance. To find the best ever solution for your future El Camino, you can look here https://www.car.co.uk/motor-insurance/car-insurance. It’s a very useful website where you can see more good car insurance companies compared. Recommend it!

Last edited by aleeref; February 25th, 2021 at 9:47 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2021, 2:58 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Here in the states you need insurance to get your vehicle registered and to get your tag.
Old March 8th, 2021, 12:39 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

("insurance is like gambling") is from the Simpsons...
i was only joking!

our insurance here is $100/month, no matter what you drive
Old August 2nd, 2021, 5:32 AM
CF Beginner

<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->As a Texas driver, state law requires that you purchase and maintain auto insurance to indicate your proof of financial responsibility. You cannot register your vehicle with the state without providing evidence that your car is currently insured in your name. Texas is a misdemeanor, which means that someone will be found at fault in every case, as well as in injuries or damages. And suppose you are the victim of a collision caused by an uninsured driver. In that case, your costs may not be fully covered unless you have additional insurance. For insurance, you can go here - joywallet.com .

Last edited by dorothydun; August 5th, 2021 at 8:29 AM.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 5:56 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 92 Likes on 83 Posts

Just about any American insurance co will most likely quote you the premium rate, just hope you are sitting down.

At one time because young/new drivers were so accident prone , they were thrown into an assigned risk pool. The insurance companies didn't want them .The premium was out of sight.

No offense intended, but a young man with a big engine , fast car, and love of speed is a prime customer for becoming a careless driver.The statistics show this.
It might be cheaper if the vehicle was listed as a Classic and driven only at shows.
Old August 28th, 2021, 1:26 PM
CF Active Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Use Hagerty Insurance
Old June 20th, 2022, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

Hi! Congratulations on getting your license! I love the El Camino de 71' car. You have very good tastes. Well, insurance for you, because you're 19, will cost quite a bit because insurance companies use factors like accident statistics when citing rates for young drivers. The younger the driver, the more likely they will get in an accident year. I recently got my license too. I was also thinking of getting a car, but I saw that I should pay an average of $ 4,146 per year. That's a huge amount. That's why I wasn't ready to take a car and pay so much for insurance from the moment I could ride a bike and pay for a cover designed for cyclists around 1 pound, respectively 1 USD, and pennies per month. It is much more convenient for a 19-year-old boy.

Last edited by enoraslides; June 23rd, 2022 at 8:19 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Insurance??