Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2007 Cobalt electrical issue-Help!

Search this Thread

Old April 11th, 2013, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ColbyLynn
I have a 2007 Cobalt and a few years ago I began having a variety of problems. My service air bag light and engine light came on, I lost sound in my front speakers, and my vehicle would shift hard or give the feeling of slipping. I have had connectors replaced, air bag sensors replaced, seat belts replaced, my transmission has been serviced, and my problems are still a mystery. Any time I travel over 30 miles and sometimes even as little as 5 miles my car will shift hard, and my speakers go in an out, my service airbag light has been reset so it does not show anymore, but my service engine light will appear and occasionally my car will begins to overheat. I recently had a free diagnostic run at Advanced Auto and they found 2 codes; 90700 and 91816. Both of which are transmission codes but the mechanics keep telling me that my transmission is fine. I was recently told that a broken seat belt/ airbag sensor had gone bad and that in order to fix all my problems that piece must be replaced and after $500 of this part and that part, I'm still having the same the problem just without the constant airbag light. I would really like some help with this, it would be gretly appreciated. I cannot keep this up and I really love my car!
i
I have a 2007 cobalt I have replaced speaker and sound works great and is very easy to change
Old April 11th, 2013, 5:22 PM
CF Beginner

[QUOTE=ColbyLynn;222826]I have a 2007 Cobalt and a few years ago I began having a variety of problems. My service air bag light and engine light came on, I lost sound in my front speakers, and my vehicle would shift hard or give the feeling of slipping. I have had connectors replaced, air bag sensors replaced, seat belts replaced, my transmission has been serviced, and my problems are still a mystery. Any time I travel over 30 miles and sometimes even as little as 5 miles my car will shift hard, and my speakers go in an out, my service airbag light has been reset so it does not show anymore, but my service engine light will appear and occasionally my car will begins to overheat. I recently had a free diagnostic run at Advanced Auto and they found 2 codes; 90700 and 91816. Both of which are transmission codes but the mechanics keep telling me that my transmission is fine. I was recently told that a broken seat belt/ airbag sensor had gone bad and that in order to fix all my problems that piece must be replaced and after $500 of this part and that part, I'm still having the same the problem just without the constant airbag

I have a 2007 cobalt and I replaced the driver side speaker now I have all my sounds back very easy to change
Old August 11th, 2021, 11:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default Clock-spring might need replaced

It could possibly be your clockspring. Do any of your buttons work on your steering wheel or do you have a non-working horn? E=ColbyLynn;222826]I have a 2007 Cobalt and a few years ago I began having a variety of problems. My service air bag light and engine light came on, I lost sound in my front speakers, and my vehicle would shift hard or give the feeling of slipping. I have had connectors replaced, air bag sensors replaced, seat belts replaced, my transmission has been serviced, and my problems are still a mystery. Any time I travel over 30 miles and sometimes even as little as 5 miles my car will shift hard, and my speakers go in an out, my service airbag light has been reset so it does not show anymore, but my service engine light will appear and occasionally my car will begins to overheat. I recently had a free diagnostic run at Advanced Auto and they found 2 codes; 90700 and 91816. Both of which are transmission codes but the mechanics keep telling me that my transmission is fine. I was recently told that a broken seat belt/ airbag sensor had gone bad and that in order to fix all my problems that piece must be replaced and after $500 of this part and that part, I'm still having the same the problem just without the constant airbag light. I would really like some help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot keep this up and I really love my car![/QUOTE]