Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2008 Cobalt Sedan LT2 - already head gasket broken

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2011, 9:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Cobalt Sedan LT2 - already head gasket broken

Dear all,

My name is Jessica and I just signed up in this forum.
I live in NJ and came over from germany in 2008 and thought I should go with an american car when I already live here And I had 2 GM cars (OPEL) in germany and never had a problem.

Now my in 2008 Chevi had already in 2009 the recall on the steering wheel problem and now this year the head gasket broke. I am really not good with cars but can't really explain myself HOW can the head gasket be already broken in a 3 year old car with just 28.000 miles??? The worst was that the dealer didn't even believe me when I called them that the car broke down and a lot of thick white smoke is coming out of the exhaust emission.

The car is still at the dealer (since 10 days) and they are trying to repair it. What should I do? Sell the car immediately? I already send a big claim to GM for this car.

I am soooo pis.... sorry You know how it is.

Thanks for any answer!
Jess
Old April 21st, 2011, 2:53 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

JessicaT, I see that you sent GM something. Did you ever end up speaking with our Customer Assistance team? Could you direct message me the details of what you have sent to us please? Thank you Jessica.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service