Malibu Another long running GM name, the Malibu has overcome many changes to be one of the top mid size sedans heading into its eight generation.

Chevrolet Malibu
This area is for FWD models 1997 and newer
Platform: N-, Epsilon, Epsilon II.

2008 LT2 remote start issue

Search this Thread

Old October 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 LT2 remote start issue

I bought my new 2008 Malibu, LT2, 6/6A about a month ago....had it for 3 days and noticed a loud noticeable vibration/grinding noise when the vehicle is started via the remote control car start. It is more pronounced on cooler mornings, but is heard almost every time on remote start. As soon as I put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the run position the noise instantly stops. I took it to the dealership, they toldme there is a service bulletin out about this exact same problem and that it could be the torque converter bolts being loose or stripped. The dealer told me the bolts were fine, not stripped and in tight. They said the noise was normal and just deal with it. I have not even made my first car payment on the vehicle....it's incredibly aggravating that the dealership just doesn't seem to care. The car now only had 1000 miles on it and the noise seems to be getting worse. If anyone has any ideas about what my next step should be, please let me know. As of now, I wish I never bought the car and am just so disappointed with the service from Chevy.
Old October 27th, 2008, 7:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 LT2 remote start issue

Hey vfmedic,

I also have an '08 LT2. Doesthis happen everytime? Do you hear the sound from the outside or the inside of the car? How cold does it have to be? It's around 5 degrees celcius in the morning where I live. I'll try it out tomorrow morning (my car is always in a garage, so I don't usually use the remote start).