Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2010 Cobalt LT o2 sensor locations and recommended replacement

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2019, 2:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Cobalt LT 2.2 engine o2 sensor locations (Edited Found the parts I need)

(Edited for brevity found my parts)

Hey folks, sorry if this is already posted here but I'm having a heck of a time finding info on this subject.

Could anyone assist me as to where the upstream and downstream sensors are as well as confirm I have only 2 of them? Much appreciated!

Also wondering if I'm replacing them is there anything else I should check for damage from driving with faulty sensors for a couple of months.

Thanks for any help, and if you need more info to help let me know.

Last edited by Michael Methot; October 8th, 2019 at 4:39 PM. Reason: Found the parts
Old October 8th, 2019, 7:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 511 Likes on 471 Posts

there is 2 sensors. one before the cat (upstream bank 1 sensor 1) and one after (bank 1 sensor 2 downstream)
follow the exhaust manifold out to back and you will see the sensors.

as far a damage...what codes were setting? was the car misfiring? any driveability issues

If you were only getting dtc for 02 heater codes...you won't have damage.
Old October 8th, 2019, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey muchos gracias for the help, but I have to ask, could you kinda clue me in as to where the cat converter is? Behind the block, a foot down or something? And Howe would I tell the before and after the cat in terms of orientation? I'm sorely lacking in knowledge on anything other than filters, oil and washer fluid.

The code was mentioned to me by a tech at a service center, so I'm not sure of the details. It's rough at idle, with a knock every 30 seconds or so, about a full second of hesitation when stomping the gas from stationary, and it's been about 5,000km since the check engine light came on that prompted the visit to said service center. Just able to afford the fix now.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Michael Methot; October 8th, 2019 at 8:19 PM.