Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Auto-Lights/Blinkers not turning off

Search this Thread

Old August 10th, 2010, 9:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto-Lights/Blinkers not turning off

I recently lost my key and had to hire a locksmith to make a replacement key for my 2006 Cobalt LS which took about 2 months to get completed. During that time I believe the problem started from the first smith leaving my blinker on and it sat in the on position for about 5 weeks.

Since I got my key and have been able to drive my car I had two issues:

One my blinker won't automatically shut themselves off (I turn on my blinker, turn, blinker clicks like its supposed to turn off but doesn't)

Two my battery kept dying, I replaced the battery, the alternator, all the fuses, and tested for a parasitic draw, none of which resolved the issue and then I noticed my lights weren't turning themselves off. The autolight feature works to turn them on but I would shut my car off, open the door, get out, close the door and literally 30 minutes later the lights still wouldn't shut off and this can be during the middle of the day. The only resolution i have found was to turn off the car and turn off the autolight feature which will turn back on next time I drive.

Not sure if they are linked but any help would be appreciated!